Bloomberg - German Speaking Headline Editor
Standort: Hessen, Germany, Frankfurt
Bloomberg German Speed Desk is seeking a headlines editor for its speed desk team in Germany. Speed editors send out the first news headlines to investors and media and need to be fast and detail-oriented, knowing which relevant information to transmit under real-time pressure. The successful applicant will have a good understanding of topics ranging from company earnings, economic news, statistics, debt markets, stock market reports, merger and acquisition news to politics. She or he will be comfortable with sending fast, accurate headlines on breaking news.
Responsibilities also include liaising with colleagues on the speed desk and with other teams, writing brief reports of breaking news, monitoring competitors as well as effective planning and accurate preparation.
- Experience of working to short deadlines in a busy environment is essential.
- Financial or business journalism experience is desirable.
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
- Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure.
- Fluency in English and German is essential.
- A relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is desirable.
- Speed desk editors need to be familiar with publicly traded companies in Germany, the Bundesbank, the ECB and other economic and political institutions.
**Please note when you click on the apply button you will be redirected to Bloomberg’s career site where you will need to complete the online application in order to be considered for this role, you will also need to select “ Top Language Jobs” in the how you heard about us section **