Bloomberg - Japanese Speaking Analyst
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Japan, Tokyo
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) is the world¿s leading provider of independent research, analysis, data and news for clean energy, energy-smart technologies, water, power, nuclear, carbon capture & storage, and the carbon markets. BNEF helps its clients make smart decisions by providing industry information and analysis to investors, corporations and governments in clean energy, low carbon technologies and the carbon markets.
BNEFs dedicated global network of analysts are continuously monitoring technology market changes, deal flow and financial activity allowing instantaneous transparency into the clean energy and carbon markets and understanding of the fundamental economic drivers of these industries.
We are seeking talented, highly-motivated individuals to join our clean energy analysis team in Tokyo. Specifically, we are seeking individuals with a background in one or more of the following: natural sciences, engineering, economics, or finance. The successful candidate will undertake primary research and analyse the technology, economic and world drivers in clean energy related sectors e.g., biofuel/biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, energy efficiency, smart grid, and power markets.
By building fundamentals based economic and financial models, our teams explore the impact on private and publicly-quoted companies and the outlook for the various industries. Findings are communicated in a clear and insightful manner, through research notes, reports and presentations prepared in English as well as Japanese. The ability to discuss with and present results to clients all over the world is an important part of the role.
Your experience and qualifications should include:
- Post-graduate level degree in a numerate or science based subject e.g., engineering, economics and finance.
- Prior working experience within an energy, consulting or financial organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of energy technologies, economics, and finance, including public markets, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and project finance.
- Able to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, comfort with financial databases, corporate and market statistics among other aspects of financial analysis and consulting.
- Ability to cut through noise within large quantities of data, and to extract and analyse key patterns.
- Exceptional communication skills and professionalism.
- Must act as a thought-leader and self-starter, have a high work-rate, ability to work on parallel tasks and rigorous attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Japanese and English is must, other Asian language skills (e.g., Korean) are plus but not essential.
- Japanese speakers must have JLPT level I or an equivalent certification
- Skilled in using MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Prior experience with mathematical modelling and statistical analysis
**Please note when you click on the apply button you will be redirected to Bloomberg’s career site where you will need to complete the online application in order to be considered for this role, you will also need to select “ Top Language Jobs” in the how you heard about us section **