Bloomberg - Political Reporter with Turkish
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover Turkish politics and the economy from Ankara.
The role requires breaking news, developing contacts among officials in the Turkish government and writing frequent analysis articles appealing to Bloomberg's global audience.
The successful candidate will join our bureau in Ankara and work with colleagues in the government and economy team across the Middle East and in Europe, also contributing to regional stories when required.
Candidates should be accustomed to producing clear and comprehensive enterprise pieces, have a record of breaking important stories, and be able to write spot news under real-time deadline pressure. The successful applicant is expected to have the proven ability to make snap decisions about stories that would appear on TOP, Bloomberg's front page.
The candidate would also assist when required with the wider Turkish business and financial story.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is desirable.
- Journalism experience is required.
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
- Understanding of Turkey, its economy, politics, history and institutions is essential. Knowledge of the wider region is preferable.
- Fluency in English and Turkish. Other languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Persian would be useful.