Bloomberg - Turkish Speaking Economy and Government Reporter
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Required Languages: 0
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter for economic and political news in Ankara, also assisting with the wider Turkish business and financial story and our overall coverage of the region.
The role requires breaking news, developing contacts among officials in the Turkish government and writing frequent analysis articles appealing to Bloomberg's global audience.
The successful candidate will join our bureau in Ankara and work with colleagues in the government and economy team across the Middle East and in Europe. Candidates should be accustomed to producing clear and comprehensive enterprise pieces, have a record of breaking important stories, and be able to write spot news under real-time deadline pressure. The successful applicant is expected to have the proven ability to make snap decisions about stories that would appear on TOP, Bloomberg's front page.
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in a relevant subject. A journalism qualification or equivalent work experience is desirable.
- Journalism experience is required.
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
- Understanding of Turkey, its economy, politics, history and institutions is essential. Knowledge of the wider region is preferable.
- Fluency in English and Turkish. Other languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Persian would be useful.
**Please note when you click on the apply button you will be redirected to Bloomberg’s career site where you will need to complete the online application in order to be considered for this role, you will also need to select “ Top Language Jobs” in the how you heard about us section **